Saturday, September 5, 2020

Morning Sickness

Other remedies ^

 Some tips and tricks for nausea while pregnant:

When I was pregnant, I spent most mornings, and evenings, by the toilet. It wasn't fun at all, and it happened every single day. Morning sickness doesn't only occur in the mornings, it can occur at any time of day while pregnant. Mornings and evenings were typically the worst for me, but any time that I would get slightly too hot, or too hungry, I would get sick. There were several different tips that other moms gave me, I'll include those here as well, but nothing seemed to work for my morning sickness... nothing except:

Cheez-its: these delicious crackers are actually pretty helpful with morning sickness. It allowed me to put something on my stomach, that would stay down long enough for my body to start recovering from being sick faster. Highly recommend if you have trouble eating while pregnant.

Pedialyte: this drink was another thing that allowed me to get some of the nutrients I needed for my daughter while not being able to keep much down. Many people say to freeze them, or get pedialyte pops for a more fun way of eating them. Plus the coldness of the popsicle is supposed to help as well. 

Zofran: when everything else failed, and absolutely nothing else worked, I would use Zofran. Its a nausea medication that dissolves in your mouth and is prescribed by your doctor. There were times when the dissolvable pills wouldn't work and I'd have to go into the hospital for fluids and Zofran to be inserted through my IV. Do this if you need to, its completely safe and super helpful. 

Other ideas: 

*Jolly Ranchers: sucking on jolly ranchers or other hard candy can be really helpful according to many of my mom friends.
*Crackers
*Baby Food such as Applesauce, and Bananas
*Pretzels: they worked for me at the beginning as well!
*Hot Tea: yes, too much caffeine can be bad. So use non-caffeinated or one with little caffeine. Besides, a cup a day is completely safe.
*Tums: if your nausea is due to heartburn, Tums may help you out quite a bit!


If you have any suggestions that I could add, please comment! 
Don't forget to subscribe & read on!
This momma has got some work to do, so I'm out for now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Shower Puzzle Piece Messages

 Foam Puzzle Pieces For Guests to Write a Message to the Baby, or to Simply Sign Their Name!  Just simply buy a cheap pack of these little f...