Saturday, September 5, 2020

Evelyn's Room

 Girl's Nursery 

When I was trying to decide what to do with Evelyn's room, I was bombarded with different themes and ideas by family and friends. "You should do unicorns!" Or, "Oh my gosh, a Disney Princess Theme would be amazing!" I loved most of the themes and ideas, but I didn't want to predetermine what movies or characters she would like best. 

I did decide to use a Lilac Purple and a Light Pink color theme throughout her nursery though, which yes, they are "girlie colors" but the colors will change according to her taste as she grows.

*Her crib is white wood, it is one that can transition with her through toddlerhood. 

*We've got a homemade pink sheet on it right now. My grandmother made the sheet to match the quilt I am working on for Evelyn. 

*A crochet purple blanket is draped over the side of the crib. My grandmother made it.

*She has a cute tall, but shallow wardrobe that was painted purple and customized by my brother, uncle, and grandparents. 

*She's got a wooden rocking chair, given to us by Steven's (Evelyn's father) grandmother, it was once his great-grandmothers', so cool! 

*There is a wooden dresser that once belonged to her dad, when he was just a boy. There were some stickers on it from when Steven and his siblings were younger, so we just put more on it, and will be allowing Evelyn to do the same! 

*She has a large desk station made of wood. It has an upper shelving, as well as 6 drawers! My previous Stepmother painted it for my siblings and I when we were younger, it even has all of our names on it! We will be putting Evelyn's name on it soon! 

*We took the lilac purple pom poms and the Minnie Mouse balloon from my baby shower and hung them in her room for decoration. Super cute idea!

*For her WINDOWS, she has lilac purple curtains, which are black-out curtains! We hope to put purple beads up one day if she's still into purple. At the top of the windows, we used my old pink canopy that I had hanging over my bed as a child, and we cut it to fit over each window in her room, creating a beautiful window setup. I absolutely adore the setup of her windows, my grandmother came up with the idea.

*BASKETS are extremely helpful with keeping baby stuff organized. She has one for her socks, one for her burp cloths, receiving blankets, hats, and more! We use a ton of little containers or baskets. I even use one of those storage cubbies that is collapsible, I use it for her bath towels and rags, it is sitting inside of her purple wardrobe. 

*HAIR BOWS are something that people tend to struggle with how exactly to store them, especially if you have a ton like we do. I use, clothes pins. Yes, super easy, simple hack. You just glue them to something (we have them on the front of her wardrobe) or clip them on something else, along with the hair bow (we use a little back-of-the-door baby storage shelving, and I clip them along the different shelves) this way, you can easily see all of the bows you have, and more accurately match one to your little girl's outfit! 

*Her STUFFED ANIMALS will eventually have to go in a net hanging across the ceiling, but until I can get one, we use the top shelf of her desk and an old bassinet that was used by Evelyn's father when he was a baby. 

*I currently have boxes full of clothes that she has grown out of, or is growing in to, organized in the corner by her desk, it looks a little cluttered, yes, but when you're limited on space, it works! 

*She has a little blue laundry basket that I use for blankets. The pink and purple hamper shown in the first picture is used for toys, or miscellaneous items. She also has a ducky hamper that we use for dirty clothes!

*It is also a great idea to put your child's name up in their room somewhere. Evelyn's name is up on the triangle-banner. We also use the letter E in a few different places in her room as well.  

Let me know if you have any questions about nursery storage or organization ideas! 

The images are low quality due to poor lighting in her bedroom, and the room is slightly messy, these images were taken shortly after I got home from the hospital so it hadn't been completely organized just yet. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Shower Puzzle Piece Messages

 Foam Puzzle Pieces For Guests to Write a Message to the Baby, or to Simply Sign Their Name!  Just simply buy a cheap pack of these little f...